NORTH BREVARD AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
MINUTES - 11 OCTOBER, 2018
1. Meeting called to order by President Mary Haag - Pledge of Allegence.
2. Treasuer's Report by Eric Lorey; $250.00.
3. Bob Jones, Custody of club generator spent $140.00 for repairs.
4. NBARC Antenna Trailer is in custody of Daniel McDonald, W4DMD.
5. September Minutes and report of committee on former Treasurer's expulsion from club
for misconduct was read by Jim Hough, Secretary and approved by members.
6. Comment on Bob Jones improved Health and had his hearing aid on this time.
7. ARES badges will be processed at the Melbourne HamFest, Oct 13th, 9 AM to 2 PM
8. Mary Haag is participating is a Breast Cancer fund raised Saturday on Hopkins in
Titusville. Club members made cash donations to her at this meeting.
9. Mike Fontana presented info on Brevard Co. Emergency service. www.embrevard.com
10. Ricky DeLuco stated that if the club acuires a communications trailer he will outfit it.
Be on the lookout for a suitable trailer.
11. Questions on Christmas Parade, Titusville were raised and Gary and Mike said they
would be notified at the appropriate time. Ricky atated that it will probably be the
12. Ricky DeLuco provide the technical report. His team replaced the mast for the repeater
which was bent. Repacement was a much larger mast and better secured. He also
inserted a temporary filter to reduce intermod problems. He asked Eric and Don to
assist in reprogramming the controller.
13. Bob Jones had suggestions on fundraisers in conjunction with activities planned for
Titusville and Mike Fontana will look into one of thoes.
14. Bob Jones advised he still has a fully equipped radio shack for club members use
including digital capabilities. Let him know if you want to use it.
15. Jim Hough made a motion to adjourn and Don Spade seconded with all yeas at roughly
16. Members present
Mary Haag - KJ4HDJ President
Gary Hayward - KJ4BOJ Vice President
Eric Lorey - KJ4HSN Treasurer
Jim Hough - W5ZXO Secretary
Ricky DeLuco - K4JTT Technical Director
Bob Jones - N6USP Training Director
Mike Fontana - N1RFD Operations Director
Gerald Phelps - KJ4IMP Advisor, BEARS - ARES
Steve Kluge - KN4JYG New Call Sign K7KSC
Don Spade - N1DES
James R. Hough Jr, Secetary NBARC
firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 321-750-3520 Work 321-867-4040
Please direct any additions, corrections and deletions to me.