NORTH BREVARD AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
MINUTES -14 FEB. 2019
1. Meeting opened at 1900L by VP Gary Haywood, room 106 Parrish Medical Center.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to our Flag recited by all.
3. Minutes of previous meeting were received by e-mail and approved attendees.
4. VP Gary gave the treasurer's report,
5. Report by Gary on the Titusville Walk scheduled by SPACEPORT. There will be an 8 K
and a 2 mile walk from Hall of Fame. Gary passed out the literature.
6. Jerry Phelps gave a report on BEARS. Exercise between BEARS Van and the EOC scheduled for
26 Feb called COBALT MAGNET. Simulated Nuclear Detonation radius of 62 Miles with 300
personnel from Federal Government participation
7. Mike Fontana gave a presentation on "Hams Clubs on Line". This is a multiple faceted program
that documents and preserves numerous files for Amateurs including
Certifications and capabilities of members of club* logs, minutesz etc.
8. Ricky DeLuco gave a report on Bob Jones. N6USP. He is in Vista Manor a rehabilitation center
behind Parrish Medical Center. Members may visit Bob almost any time. Keep Bob in your
9. The cancer event at Sandpoint went verv well according to Mike Fontana. He and Mary Haag
participated in this and there were food booths, bands, singers and a Survivors Walk over the
bridge and back.
10. Launches: 21 Feb, 8:45-9:17 F9 PSN-VI, pad 40 1 Mar. DM-1r 2 AM both SPACEX launches
11. Marv Haag, our president called in ill. Keep her in your prayers.
12. Mike Ellixson will be the Net Control on the Friendship Net. Remember; 7 PM every Tuesday .
13. Attendees: Gary Haywood-Vice President, KJ4BOJ; Shelly Deluco. K4SAD; Ricky Deluco,
K4JTT: Don Spade. NIDES: Michael Ellixson, KE4MWZ: Mike Fontana, NIRFD. Max, K9DOG;
Jerry Phelps. KJ41MP: Steve Kluge: K7KSC. Jim Hough-Secretary. W5ZXO. Total of 9.
14. James R. Hough Jr. W5ZXO
SecretaryJBARC (Send corrections, additionsz deletions and changes to: firstname.lastname@example.org