NORTH BREVARD AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
MINUTES 9 MARCH 2017
1. Meeting called to order by Vice President Gary Haywood at 7 PM, PMC, Room 6.
2. Pledge of Allegiance to our Flag was conducted by Gary Hayward.
3. Minutes were read and approved.
4. No Treasurer’s report
5. Club insurance was mentioned again and will cost $200.00. This will protect us and also allow our participation in BEARS activities. This is ARRL Insurance.
6. Discussion again of the relationships between RACES, ARES, BEARS and Clubs and interaction. Mike Fontana discussed State participation vs BEARS
7. Discussion of the combined VHF repeater frequencies and nets in our area. One member did not receive a clear copy of the document sent by Mike Fontana so he will edit and send it our again.
8. As far as we know the 501C still being worked.
9. No BEARS report as the next meeting for BEARS is next week.
10.Remember the time change Sunday.
11.Lengthy discussion of drones and the different types were briefed by Mike Fontana who owns one. Jim has one as well for use to string antenna over trees. Both are registered as required by law.
12.Mary previously presented the following Cancer fund raising events:
*April 1st Relay for Life, Holiday Inn Express, Cocoa, 301 Tucker Lane Noon to Midnight. Free luncheon provided for survivors and caregivers, food, Music, Family Day Activities.
*April 8th, Loughman’s Lake, 1955 Hatbill Road, Mims (off SR 46) Great food and live music, American Cancer Fundraiser.
*April 15th Sgt B.’s 3834 S. Hopkins Ave, Titusville Cancer Benefit, Live music and food.
13. Members Present:
Gary Hayward-Vice President BEAR Rep.KJ4BOJ
Jim Hough-Secretary W5ZXO
Michael Fontana-Special Ops and BEARS Rep. N1RFD
Jerry Phelps KJ4IMP
Mike Torres KM4CBT
14 . Meeting closed at 7:43 PM, Peace and Harmony prevailing. 88 and 73 to all
James R. Hough Jr.
Please direct any corrections, omissions, deletions or additions and missed callsigns or members to: email@example.com Cell:321-750-3520