NORTH BREVARD AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
MEETING MINUTES - 12 APRIL 2018
1. Meeting called to order by President Mary Haag at 1900 hours.
2. Pledge of allegiance
3. Presentation of certificate by Mary to Steve Kluge on becoming a Amateur Radio
4. Mary welcomed Joe, N1PAW and Bertie, N1OGE Bonardi, visitors.
5. Reading of March minutes by Secretary Jim Hough, read and accepted.
Club mission statement will be read next meeting.
7. Jerry Phelps addressed modes such as WINLINK, HF and VHF Bases systems,
Digital, e-mail, etc. We have one gateway in Palm Bay, an outpost BBS systems,
very old. D-Star, DRATS. Last exercise Verble communication was used and
very slow and tedious.
8. Gary Haryward explained that we need to fill the holes in the County and State
communications links or lack thereof.
9. Don Spade inquired about our standing as a 501 C3 club as he did not see it
listed in the Federal Register. Steve Haag saik it has been paid and he will follow
up the status. It is important from a Tax status, donations and recognition from
10.Eric Lorey needs help for development fo info cards and flyers depicting what
our is about and what we can do for the community. Bob Jones will help with a
three-fold he has developed and others will also forward ideals to Eric.
11.Steve Haag read the Treasurer's report which was accepted.
12.New Business: Jerry noted that in the North East States numerous weather
stations were off the air. Ham repeaters might help fill the gap.
13.Mike Fontana advised that we are progressing and will get the latest technolgy
such as DMR, D-Star, Fusion, ect. He pointed out that even with the finest
equipment available, we still need a trained, available cadre of operators to
man the stations. We need to program all radios to the same standards so
they have interoperability. He suggested that BEARS could that on a project.
14. New Shirts for the club was brought up and Bob Jones said he could take that
project on. He believes he can also get more Emergency Vests.
15 Jerry Stated we have a new Emergency Coordinator, ARRL, J.D. Shaw. There
is National Grid Training, at EOC next week. The next RACES drill is 2 June
2018. TARC, Fox Lake Park. New local EC, Paul Fee, N6YCC of TARC.
Mary Haag - President KJ4HDJ
Gary Hayward - Vice President KJ4BOJ
Steve Haag - Treasurer KJ4FJV
Jim Hough - Secretary W5ZXO
Jerry Phelps - KJ4IMP
Joe Bonardi - N1PAW Guest
Bertie Bonardi - N1OGE Guest
Donald Spade - N1DES
Mike Fontana - N1RFD
Steve Kluge - KN4JYG
Bob Jones - N6USP
Daniel McDonald - W4DMD
Eric Lorey - KJ4HSN
Mike Torres - KM4CBT
Jim Hough, Secetary NBARC W5ZXO, email@example.com Cell: 321-750-3520