NORTH BREVARD AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
MINUTES 13 APRIL 2017
1. Meeting called to order by President Mary Haag at 7 PM, PMC, Room 6.
2. Pledge of Allegince to our Flag was conducted by President Haag.
3. Minutes were read and approved.
4. Treasurer's report was read and approved.
5. Club insurance was discussed and will cost $200.00 and has been applied for. This will protect us and
also allow our participation in BEARS activities. This is ARRL Insurance.
6. Mary reported on past Cancer fund raising event commenting that there were good turnouts and
very successful. The following fund raising event is on 15 April at Sgt B's 3835 S. Hopkin. s Ave,
Titusville and is a Cancer Benefit. Live music and food. All are welcome. Please come.
7. Mary and Steve commented at lenght an Walmart's policy on volunteer service which pays $250.00
8. We were fortunate to have Ricky Deluco, K4JTT and Nathan Wednor (sp?), W4NJW in attendance
and they took our pictures and prepared our new ARES Badges.
9. Rlicky Spoke at length about the proposed upgrading of our county communication systems. We
hope to have a PACTOR repeater, D-Star repeater and upgrade of our repeater to 50 Watt output
soon. All of these new installations and anticipated upgrade to our repeater are being coordinated
by Ricky and Mike Fontana and our sincere appreciation to them. This will dramatically improve our
disaster posture in support of FEMA and ARES. Ricky and Perhaps Nathan and four others are
prospective new members to NBARC and we welcome them with open arms and especially the
expertise they bring to our club in support of our mission, Disaster Relief and Support
10. Members present:
Mary Haag-President, KJ4HDJ
Steve Haag-Treasurer, KJ4FJV
Jim Hough-Secretary, W5ZXO
Michael Fontana-Special Operations Director, N1RFD
Ricky DeLuco-Guest speaker and ARES Coordinator, K4JTT
Nathan Wednor (sp?), Assistant to Ricky, W4NJW
11. Meeting closed at 8:00 PM, Peace and Harmony prevailling. 88 and 73 to all.
James R. Hough Jr, W5ZXO (AFA4BT-MARS)
Note: Please direct correctons, omissions, deletions or additions including missing callsigns and
members names to: email@example.com
Note: Anyone; please forward to any other interested parties including Nathan - W4NJW