NORTH BREVARD AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
MEETING MINUTES - 10 May 2018
1. Meeting called to order by Vice President Gary Hayward at 1900 hours.
2. Pledge of allegiance mission Statement were given.
3. K4JTT, Ricky was injured on duty and has a broken wrist.
4. Secretary rea minutes of previous meeting which were approved.
5. Treasurer gave his report which was read and approved.
6. Eric provided a sample tri-fold handout. Please provide comments and
recommendations to him.
7. Mike stated that BEARS needed a technical committee and should be the focus point
for activities in the county.
8. Jerry stated that there should be a "Naming Convention" for county repeaters.
9. Jerry has provided a repeater directory which has been forwarded to the members by
the club secretary.
10. Welcome Dwaine, The BEARS secretary to the meeting. BEARS is seeking more
opportunities to display BEARS 1 to the public.
11. EOC is requesting exclusive use of one of our repeater during emergencies. Mike
will query Ricky on which one would be suitable.
12. Bob will be ordering new shirts for the club members. Please provide callsign, name
and size to him.
13. The number of new repeater capabilities are in "Beta testing and personal are being
trained to support them. We will work on this during the summer and have them
on line by hurricane season. Fusion repeater is down.
14. Don queried Steve on 501 C3 status and Steve advise that paperwork and
money have been submitted and we are waiting response.
15. Mike advise field day will be at the great outdoors 23-24 June.
16. Training on message handling, Fox Lake Park, 2 June, 8:30 - 12:30 / Try to be there
by 8 AM.
17. Field Day Simplex is 146.52 MHz. One hour before Field Day. Bob will try to get Glen
for CW operations.
18. BEARS Merritt Island Mall - Meet and Greet.
19. Jim, W5ZXO is a member of the KSC (KARS) Amateur club, N1KSC, (NASA 1
20. Notes from Jerry: Someone (Steve) commented that the attachment to the
listed. I replied, the list was in error, that I had an updated list that did not get into
the "RACES System". I would e-mail Mike, Gary and Jim ( as I have their e-mails)
the updated list and please make any corrections and get back to me ASAP. I
announced the county would soon be prepairing the 2018 Hurricane season update
to Brevard County Comperhensive Emergency Plan. I would like the club to consider
to allow the use of one of NBARC's VHF repeaters during an emergency to
RACES/ARES. Currently, the repeater would be a backup to North and possible
Central Primary repeaters and if used for emergency purposes would remove the
repeaters from use by club members except for emergency traffic. The repeater
could also be used during ARES/RACES drills or SET's but that could be on a
shared basis if desired by NBARC. This is a desire on my part. We got through last
season with crippled repeaters resources and could do so again. I would like to
know by 25 May 2018. Active Repeater list were sent to Mike, Gary and Jim for
21. Meeting Adjourned at 2000 Hours. Members and guests:
22. Bob Jones gave a superb presentations on FUSION and other new VHF/UHF
radios with advanced capabilities.
23. Members present:
Gary Hayward - Vice President KJ4BOJ
Steve Haag - Treasurer KJ4FJV
Jim Hough - Secretary W5ZXO
Jerry Phelps - KJ4IMP
Donald Spade - N1DES
Mike Fontana - N1RFD
Bob Jones - N6USP
Eric Lorey - KJ4HSN
Dewaine Heroux - KM4HEN
Jim Hough, Secetary NBARC W5ZXO, email@example.com Cell: 321-750-3520