NORTH BREVARD AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
MINUTES 11 MAY, 2017
1. Metting called to order by Vice President Gary Haywood at 7 PM, PMC, Room 6.
2. Pledge of Alleginance to our Flag was conducted by VP Haywood.
3. Minutes were given to all attendees to read and they were approved.
4. Treasurer's report was read and approved.
5. Steve Haag reported that we are a 501C3 organization.
6. A Special thanks to Eric for maintaining our Club Website.
7. A reminder that the NBARC Club Net is held on Tuesday at 7 PM, 147.330 MHz, Tone: 107.2 Hz
8. Discussion and briefining by Jerry and Gary on the BEARS, RACES and ARES relationsship and with the
EOC as well. Later Ricky and Nathan arrived tand continued, at length, the involvement of our club
as well as other clubs in the County.
9. Ricky Deluco, K4JTT and Nathan Weidner, W4NJW discussed plans to enhance North Brevard
Communications in the Emergenicy Communications World. They will coordinate with Gary and
Mike Fontana and proceed with surveys and proposals.
10.The present BEARS president will continue. Ricky has introduced Messaging Systems in the
County. The County only recognized RACES as the entity for coordination with the Amateur
community. The County supports RACES and BEARS with some supplies and fuel. The BEARS van
has a permanent parking slot at the Rockledge Fire Dept. The EOC provides a RACES Bay with County
purchased radio equipment and computers. Consensus: The EOC, BEARS, RACES, ARES and all
Brevard Radio Clubs need to put aside any differences and fully support the EOC. That is our mission
as Radio Amateurs in part 97 of the FCC rules for our conduct as pointed out by Nathan.
11.Gary made a motion, seconded by Steve to donate $100.00 to BEARS.
12.The ARES President is Mark Peterson.
13.Following were present:
Gary Haywood, Vice President, KJ4BOJ
Steve Haag, Treasurer, KJ4FJV
Jim Hough, Secretary, W5ZXO
Jerry Phelps, KJ4IMP
Don Spades, N1DES
Ricky Deluco, ARES Coordinator, K4JTT
Nathan Weidner, W4NJW
14.Thanks to all attendees for being there. Meeting closed at 8:40 PM, Peace and Harmony
prevailling. 88 and 73 to all.
15.Remember: NBARC is a public service Amateur Radio Club dedicated to Emergency Service to our
Nation, State, County and specifically to the EOC and Parrish Medical Center. We are grateful to
Parrish Medical Center for their support in providing facilities for our equipment and meetings.
James R. Hough Jr, W5ZX (AFA4BT-MARS)
Note: Please direct corrections, omissions, deletions or additions including missed call-signs and
members names to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Anyone; please feel free to forward to any other interested parties.