NORTH BREVARD AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
MEETING MINUTES - 12 JULY 2018
1. VP Gary Hayward Opened Meeting 7 PM With the flag Ceremony.
2. Treasurer's report by Steve Haag read and accepted. Paid PO Box fees, Paid club
insurance, and received the 501 C3 document.
3. Steve Haag read the minutes for the June meeting.
4. Ricky DeLuco provided a Presentation which will be disseminated in a separate e-mail.
Request help with maintenance on Repeaters. Training will be provided.
5. Jerry Phelps had requested use of repeater for ARES and will coordinate though
Ricky. Jerry also provided a dicussion on ARES-RACES relationship and coordination
with BEARS and Jerry comments will be disseminated in a separate e-mail. (ARES-
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, RACES-Radio Amateur Communication Emergency
Service and BEARS-Brevard Emergency Amateur Radio Service)
6. Bob Jones presented a very interesting program on Tornado development using a
program that can be procured for $79.00. The program is: GR 3 Level 3 Storm
Program. Doppler Weather Program-Tornados.
7. Mary is proposing a bake sale to raise money for our club at Penthouse date to be
announced later. Request go-kits and amateur equipment be brought for display and
to interest to anyone who comes.
8. Steve suggested a DMR Contest from 12-6 PM with a prize for the most contracts.
9. Jerry has an acquaintance who owns a Radio Station who will advertise for us WKQK
and he is a Amateur as will. Jerry is also compilling a list of activities proider by
Amateur Clubs in the vicinity..
10. Bob Jones announced that he is STILL providing Amateur Licensing training for all
comers who desire to become Radio Amateurs. Classes can be held a PMC where our
club meets. vicinity and there activities.
Gary Hayward, KJ4BOJ - Vice President
Steve Haag, KJ4FJV - Treasurer
Jim Hough, W5ZXO - Secretary
Ricky DeLuco, K4JTT - Technical Director
Bob Jones, N6USP - Training Director
Jerry Phelps, KJ4IMP - Coordinator
Eric Lorey, KJ4HSN - Web Page Director
Mike Fontana, N1RFD - Activities Director
Donald Spade, N1DES - Former President
Steve Kluge, KM4JYG
Danial McDonald, W4DMD
Jim Hough, Secetary W5ZXO, email@example.com Cell: 321-750-3520
Please provide any additions, corrections and deletions to me.